Friday, September 12, 2008

A Great Day Was Had by All!


On September 12, 2008, our class invited their Grandparents to our classroom for a celebration. Students worked very hard to prepare for this special day by writing and mailing invitations, making a gift, writing thank-you notes, and preparing some special songs to sing. A big thank-you to Ms. Forsberg for helping with the music. The 3rd graders ate lunch with their Grandparents, showed their technology skills, and enjoyed spending the afternoon with their Grandparents. One of the first activities that students and Grandparents alike completed was an interview about their lives as children. I want each student to give 2 ways your childhood is the same as your Grandparents and 2 ways your childhood is different from your Grandparents. Use complete sentences.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had to help our parents.
We all like math.

I ride the bus. My grandma walked to and from school between 1st grade and 6th grade. My grandpa wore jeans shirt and boots. I wore nice clothes.

Anonymous said...

Grandparents day was really fun. My grandpa rode a horse to school but i came by car. My grandma is older and i am younger.

Anonymous said...

My grandma and me both rode the bus. We both ate hot lunch.My grandma did not play sports and I do.I wear a ti-shirt and pants and my grandma wore a dress.

Anonymous said...

My nana Sandy and I both rode the bus as kids. Our favorite animal is a cat. But as a chore my nana cleans the house but I feed my cat. And I bring my sack of lunch but she aet lunch at school.

Anonymous said...

We both wear nice clothes and we both have a dog. I rode the bus to school but she walked to school. I have a hamster but she has horses.

Anonymous said...

I rode the bus to shool.My grandpa walked to shool from 2nd to 5th.I wear shorts and a shirt.My granpa wear jeans and a shirt.

Annette White said...

My parents were very impressed with everything the third graders are doing with technology. They said it was a great day and were glad they were able to attend. Totally enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Me and my grandma get hot lunch. Me and my grandma have horses. I don't have fish. I don't have chicken.

Anonymous said...

Tayla and Grandma cleainng the house. We both ride the bus. thee thans are different about me and my Grandma. she like math.And I like.

Anonymous said...

I broght a sack lunch and my Grandpa brought a sack lunch and we both have dogs. I clean my room and and I ride the bus and my grandpa milk cows and he walked to school.

Anonymous said...

We both had a dog.
She walked to school I took the bus. She wore dresses I wore school clothes.

Anonymous said...

I had to take baxter out to the bathroom.Martha had to do the dishes,straiten her room. I had to ride with my mom. My grandma and I both have cats.

Anonymous said...

I like the Dictlonary Because it is cool.

Anonymous said...

I saw a vampire it was pretty fast for a vampire but it pulled me back but I escaped and I never tricked or treated again.